How we grow internationally
Roots of Empathy programs are only launched in areas where strong community support is in place. We do this, in part, by carefully selecting a group in the community to work with – our lead agency for that country or region.
How do we select a lead agency?
A lead agency is a non-profit, charitable organization, highly regarded in the local community, which typically has:
- strong knowledge of the local school systems and a good history of dealing with education officials
- a proven track record introducing programs into area schools
- extensive experience in successfully raising money from governments, foundations, corporations and individuals
- an impeccable financial history of sound fiscal policy and management
- a large-scale regional/national program reach
What does a lead agency do?
The lead agency is responsible for raising funds to finance the Roots of Empathy program in that region. The lead agency also manages the logistical elements which enable the program to happen. Examples of these responsibilities include:
- ensuring that the schools are committed and that classrooms are assigned
- working with social agencies to identify Instructors
- working with the schools to find a parent and a baby (who should be between 2 and 4 months old at the start of the program) for each classroom
- working with governments and other funding sources to raise money
How big is the initial commitment?
Roots of Empathy launches in new locations with a three-year pilot program. Each year a minimum of 20 new instructors are trained and the program is delivered in a minimum of 20 classrooms. Instructors are expected to deliver programs for at least the duration of the pilot project.
How much does the program cost?
The program is developed and delivered on a cost recovery basis. These costs vary with the unique elements of the program location. Program costs include training of local instructors plus ongoing support, mentoring and instructor certification expenses as well as learning materials.
How do we find out more?
If your agency meets the criteria listed above and might be interested in exploring opportunities as a lead agency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a detailed description of how your agency aligns with the criteria listed above.